Consultant Clinical Psychologist
sexual problems Dr Joubert can help with:
Some more typical sexual dysfunction for women include, but are not limited to:
- Vaginismus: involuntary spasm of the pelvic floor muscles around the vagina, which make sexual intercourse impossible.
- Dyspareunia: Pain and discomfort during intercourse and/or separate from any sexual stimulation
- Orgasmic Dysfunction: an inability to experience an orgasm.
- Low libido: low interest in and desire for sex with self and/or others
- Medium term psychotherapy has been effective in my clinical practice, often in addition to anti-depressant medication (but not required)
- Not pure CBT therapist but combination of CBT, Behavioural, Psychodynamic, Systemic and psycho-educational theories and practices
- More than 10 years clinical experience in this area